Monday, October 4, 2010

The reason I am tired


"In order to prioritize time wisely, I learned something from my father-in-law years ago. He was a steel-worker and spent his life working three different shifts. He either worked the day shift, the afternoon shift, or the night shift. As a young mother I realized one time that I was working all three shifts, and that’s why I was so tired. We can’t do all things all at once, and we have to be careful and safeguard our shifts. "

Julie B. Beck, Address Given at BYU Women's Conference, Thursday, April 29, 2010

That explains why I am so tired!

Sister Beck goes on in her talk to explain how she prioritized her life, organizing her tasks by "the essential things, the necessary things, and the nice-to-do things." She shared a number of the essential things, and I found that many are the things that should be on my own essential list. I am still pondering about this talk, and pondering about the talks I heard during General Conference this weekend. I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who sends us messages that we need to hear--now I just need the faith to make the application in my life!

1 comments on "The reason I am tired"

Becky on October 4, 2010 at 3:18 PM said...

Thanks for this great reminder! I was wondering why I felt so tired today!

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez