Monday, February 16, 2009

"Live a good life yourself."


"Children rise higher when they are treated with respect. Use courteous and respectful language when you talk with your children and others. Bruno Bettelheim, a world-famous psychologist, said, "You can't teach children to be good. The best you can do for your child is to live a good life yourself. What a parent knows and believes, the child will lean on." You don't teach a child not to yell by yelling. We cannot expect to be respected if we treat others in demeaning ways."

Marjorie Pay Hinckley, Small and Simple Things (2003), 141.

3 comments on ""Live a good life yourself.""

Micaela on February 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM said...

I am so glad that I happened to find your blog. I am not even sure how I did. I love your posts. I have 3 kids and am constantly trying to do better each day. This quote was great! Thanks for taking the time to do this blog.
Micaela in Memphis

Jared on February 17, 2009 at 1:34 PM said...

I love Sis. Hinckley's words. She was always such an inspirational person.

Our Loved-up Family on February 18, 2009 at 12:37 AM said...

I just found your blog. As a brand new mum I love it. Sister Hinkcley was such an inspiration. I'll be stopping by again! Thanks:)

Sarah from spirituallythinking.blogspot.com

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez