Thursday, March 5, 2009

Nurture Mama turns 100!


Nurture Mama has reached a milestone: Today we're celebrating the 100th post!

I hope you're enjoying this blog as much as I am. It's helping me keep my focus on the right priorities in these busy child-rearing years of my life.

Being a mother is the hardest thing I have ever done. Like any mother, I have my down moments when it is difficult to see past the spaghetti on the the floor, the middle of the night wake-ups, and the "mother hubbard" decor of my living room (wait, make that my entire home).

But for this blog I have chosen to focus on the good moments, and the reasons we mothers do what we do. Because sometimes I need a reminder, and I thought you might need one too.

I hope this blog is helpful and encouraging to you. I've enjoyed sharing my mama moments with you, and I love to hear from you. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions. Comments are great, or email me at nurturemama2{at}gmail{dot}com

In honor of the 100th post, I wanted to come up with a list of 100 things mothers do. Because we all know that every day mothers are doing hundreds of things, and probably more than just a few of those things at the same time.

But I need your help. I made it to 53 words before my mama-brain tuckered out. So I've decided to ask the experts in the trenches--you! Will you help me come up with a list of 100 things that mothers do? Leave a comment with your one-word suggestions in answer to the question: A mothers job is to...

Thanks to wordle for the great image. I'll post another image once I've compiled your responses.

To end with today, here is one of my favorite mama thoughts:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow,
For babies grow up, I've learned, to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs.
Dust, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
- Author Unknown

8 comments on "Nurture Mama turns 100!"

Another Piece Of Chocolate on March 6, 2009 at 8:53 AM said...

I am preparing to teach a lesson for Primary on the mother's role to nurture. I too have a list of things mothers do and you have listed all that I have (and more) except I had one other . . .
So, in answer to "A mothers job is to..." I would add, to "pray"

Thanks for all your great postings!!

Becky on March 6, 2009 at 10:52 AM said...

Just because I spent a long time last night doing these: A mother's job is to educate and tutor.

I know they are close to teaching, but I am thinking of the actual teaching related to school work!

Thanks for the great blog, congratulations on 100!

Becky on March 6, 2009 at 10:54 AM said...

OK! I just went and looked at your list again and you already have educate!

RM Bowers on March 6, 2009 at 11:33 AM said...

Every time I thought of something, you already had it! I did manage to come up with a few related to what we've been doing a lot of lately:

help
research
build
plant
ask
observe

RM Bowers on March 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM said...

Now I've been thinking about this as I try to keep up with my own little ones and sort through photos... "multi-task" off your list! I think some important things are also:

Remember
Record
Write

Jared on March 6, 2009 at 10:49 PM said...

Great post! How about "carry"? I don't remember seeing that on your list. Also, "uplift" could be good. :)

Tiffany on March 10, 2009 at 7:25 AM said...

Laugh :)
Love your words!

Amber on March 12, 2009 at 9:58 PM said...

I am heading off to bed, and wish I could think a little more, but I am foggy, the words that came to my mind were cry, pray, and sing...I don't know if that applies, but I do it! :)

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez