Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chicken Stuffing in a Pot


When I heard about the Over-used Recipe Swap at Simply Modern Mom, I knew I wanted to participate. Tiffany's goal is to collect 365 family staple recipes, the kind of recipes that you use and over.

Trouble is, I'm having trouble deciding what to post! The recipes I use the most (so much that I don't actually need the recipe) are tacos and spaghetti, but I don't think anyone else really needs those recipes. We also eat a lot of pancakes and waffles.

I asked my husband what our best Over-used recipe is and he promptly replied "Peanut Butter Sandwiches".

If I asked the Ant Bug, she would likely say Corn Dog Casserole (but I'm not a huge fan of that one). Lately she has really been loving this potato soup recipe I posted a few months ago. She asks me to make it nearly every week.

The Sweet Bee would probably suggest cheese. Or fruit snacks.

But today, I'll share something we like to call Chicken Stuffing in a Pot.

1-2 chicken breasts, frozen
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 Tb. orange juice
1 cup dressing mix (ie. Stove Top)
1/4 cup butter

Mix cream of chicken soup with sour cream. Add orange juice. Pour over frozen chicken in crock pot. Sprinkle dressing mix on top. Melt and drizzle butter on top. Cook on high for 3 hours. Serve with rice.

It's simple and quick and I haven't ever heard any complaints about it, so it's a winner at our house!

For more great recipes, be sure to check out the swap at Simply Modern Mom.

Over-used Recipes Swap

3 comments on "Chicken Stuffing in a Pot"

Unknown on March 2, 2010 at 5:50 PM said...

Hi.
I found your blog from the recipe swap. It makes great reading! Anyway, I'm just wondering (as a reader from England) what dressing mix is?
Maybe I'm just ignorant though, I don't know.
Thanks
Becky

Nurture Mama on March 2, 2010 at 8:29 PM said...

Hi Becky,
That's a legitimate question! Dressing is another word for stuffing--it's what we Americans serve with our turkey dinners for Thanksgiving. It usually consists of bread crumbs, onions, butter, turkey broth and spices. The grocery stores here sell an easy to make variety that comes in a book (Kraft Stove Top Stuffing Mix is the official name of the kind I use). If that isn't available in your country, you could probably substitute bread crumbs or crushed crackers--just something to give it a little bit of crunch.

Unknown on March 4, 2010 at 1:52 PM said...

Oh yes, I know stuffing. Thanks for clearing that up, I'm looking forward to attempting your recipe!

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez