Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Working my way back


It's September 15th. I had planned to take the month of August off from this blog to work on some other needed projects. But as life goes, the projects took longer, and I'm just coming back now in the middle of September.

Life with three kids is keeping me busy. Add to that a busy husband in graduate school, part-time work, church involvement, the many demands of home management, and it's hard not to feel overwhelmed. But...I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way!

So out of necessity, I may have to cut back my time spent on this blog. I have plenty of ideas that I want to record and share with you, but just not enough time in my day to write up all the posts. Some day (probably only in my dreams) I'll get to everything on my to do list.

In the meantime, I would love to hear from you. As a reader of this blog, what would you most like to read here? Have you ever enjoyed a book with your child that I've recommended? Discovered a great recipe? Or been inspired by the words of a prophet, encouraging you in your role as a mother?

Please take a minute and leave a comment (dare I say, vote?) on the following list of topics. Your votes will help me to prioritize and get to the most helpful or interesting posts first.

1. Activities (or crafts) to do with children
2. Home organizing and management
3. Parenting tips and helps
4. Recipes
5. Book recommendations for kids
6. LDS quotes on mothering, parenting, families
7. FHE lessons

This blog has always been about nurturing. Providing encouragement and tools for mothers, who will then go on and fulfill their most important role to nurture their children. But mostly it's a place for me to record and organize the lessons I am learning as a mother. This quote is a good reminder for me tonight

"Some of you sisters may feel inadequate because you can't seem to do all you want to do. Motherhood and parenting are most challenging roles. You also have Church callings that you fulfill so capably and conscientiously...In general you noble sisters are doing a much better job of holding it all together and making it work than you realize. May I suggest that you take your challenges one day at a time. Do the best you can. Look at everything through the lens of eternity. If you will do this, life will take on a different perspective."

"I fear you sisters do not realize in the smallest part the extent of your influence for good in your families, in the Church, and in society. Your influence for good is incalculable and indescribable."

"I truly believe you are instruments in the hands of God in your many roles, especially that of motherhood."

"In the work of the kingdom, men and women are equally important. God entrusts women to bear and nurture His children. No other work is more important. Motherhood is such an important role for women."

James E. Faust, “Instruments in the Hands of God,” Ensign, Nov 2005, 114

5 comments on "Working my way back"

Another Piece Of Chocolate on September 16, 2010 at 9:47 AM said...

I enjoy your blog very much!
That being said, if it is a burden, takes away from you and your family more than is acceptable to you and your family than taking a break from the blog or cutting back may be the outcome for now -
That too being said I enjoy the content of your blog basically in the order that you listed them.

The Kay Family on September 16, 2010 at 3:40 PM said...

I hear you sister! You do whatever is best for you and your family. My favorite topics on your blog are numbers 1, 2, and 3. But I enjoy all of your topics interspersed and mixed together. Not too helpful right??

Unknown on September 16, 2010 at 4:02 PM said...

This is such a sweet, sweet blog. I love the activities and I will be needing suggestions here soon as I am starting over - there is an 8 year difference between my two sets: 14, 12, 10, 2 and one due in March. I love reading this blog - it is such a fresh breath of air!
I also enjoy recipes and parenting tips. Thanks so much!

Our Loved-up Family on September 16, 2010 at 9:56 PM said...

Love your blog too, but I hear you about needing to prioritize your time, I think there are many women who can relate to the juggling act motherhood is. My favorite posts (although I really love them all) are 1,2,3 and 7.

team wilson on September 21, 2010 at 11:57 PM said...

Love your blog. I come to it when I need a little rejuvenation and am usually lifted up by a quote that you have shared. Thanks!!!

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez