Wednesday, December 31, 2008

'Tis the Season: The Results Post


Remember my plan for the month of December? Here's how it all turned out.

1) Focus on Christ
Reading about the Savior was a wonderful end to each day, and the Gospel Art Kit provided a great visual for my young children. I think we might incorporate more GAK into our family scripture study in the future.

2) Open a pocket everyday

3) Make paper snowflakes
We tried the paper variety, but unfortunately it didn't go over so well. I think I picked a "I'm not in the mood for folding and cutting day" for the Ant Bug. But, we did try the edible snowflake variety described in The Friend magazine with much success.


4) Take a family photo
Our family, the 2008 version.

5) Read Christmas Books
Before
After
Our favorite of the whole bunch was Drummer Boy, by Loren Long.

6) Watch "It's a Wonderful Life"
I have to admit, I got a little teary-eyed in the end.

We also enjoyed watching this movie as a family.

7) Take a walk at the duck pond and enjoy the holiday lights

7) Make Christmas crafts with my family
A very simple project, and a fun addition to our Christmas tree. I also made personalized versions for my piano students.


We ended up with a whole herd of these guys. The Ant Bug was in charge of shaping the antlers.9) Prepare for a piano performance
The recital was very lovely, but next year I think I'll save myself a little hassle and choose an easier song!

10) Make Sugar Cookies
We also made some yummy gingerbread boys and girls, with this recipe.
11) Ooops, sorry. I'm not sure what happened to this number on December 3rd :)

12) Sing lots of Christmas Carols
Yes, we did!

I had a lovely month, crossing off everything on my list. I'm looking forward to continuing these traditions next year!

1 comments on "'Tis the Season: The Results Post"

Tiffany on January 1, 2009 at 6:15 PM said...

Good for you! It's fun to hear about the "after" of your list. :)

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez