Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Schedule


The lazy days of summer are here! But I've got great plans, so I don't think we'll be too lazy!

I am really excited about our summer schedule because I think I've hit on a good balance of fun, free-play and learning activities. Here is what our summer schedule looks like:

7:00-10:00: Morning Routine

10:00-12:00: *Get Out and About

12:00-1:00: Make Lunch, Each Lunch, Clean-up Lunch

1:00-2:00: the Sweet Bee naps, the Ant Bug has computer/movie time, and the Mama gets time for herself

2:00-3:00: the Sweet Bee naps, the Ant Bug and I do reading lessons and piano lessons

3:00-4:00: Play time, Snack time

4:00-5:00: A Book, A Song, and A Craft

5:00-8:00: Dinner and Bedtime Routine

These times are not set in stone, but it does give us a nice guideline to follow. My children and I really thrive on the predictability of a schedule. The Ant Bug always asks me what we have to do each day--this week she even made up a little calendar and wrote down an activity for each day.

Just a few details on our *Get Out and About category. We live in a pretty small-ish home without a backyard, so we all like to get out of the house for a portion of our day. Here are some of the things that we will be doing in that time span:

-visits to the library (be sure to check out my Reading List to see what books we're enjoying)
-ward playgroup
-Free Family Film Festival
-teach piano lessons while my girls play with friends
-trips to the natural history museum and museum of art
-playgroups with friends
-swimming, splash park, beach, springs (we are taking advantage of life in Florida!)
-grocery shopping, errands, etc.

Here are a few links for more ideas on preparing for and spending a summer with kids:
Keeping the Kids Busy this Summer on Make and Takes
Preparing for Summer Vacation on Just Organize Yourself
Summer Schedules Series on Organizing Your Way
Summer Activities for Kids on Frugal Dad

I think it's going to be a great summer!

2 comments on "Summer Schedule"

The Kay Family on June 9, 2009 at 12:02 PM said...

You are so organized!!! Can't wait to do some of these things with you!!

Lara on July 18, 2009 at 11:01 PM said...

It sounds like a good plan!

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez