Monday, June 1, 2009

Sunshine Days


"Find joy in your children. Don't over schedule them or yourself. You may not be able to take them on exotic vacations. It doesn't matter. When the day dawns bright and sunny, take an excursion to the canyon or the park. When it's cloudy and wet, read a book together or make something good to eat. Give them time to explore and learn about the feel of grass and wiggliness of worms." (p. 36)

Marjorie Pay Hinckley, Small and Simple Things (2003), 31.


Mondays are usually my days to stay home and work hard (laundry, recover from the weekend, etc). I had a pretty good list of things to do today. But this morning the "day dawn(ed) bright and sunny". I realized that my laundry would wait, but my little girls are growing up quickly before my eyes. So we packed a picnic lunch, slathered on the sun screen and headed out to enjoy the water and the sunshine together.

We had a lovely time, and it was time well spent!

(As a side note--I got my laundry done too.)

1 comments on "Sunshine Days"

The Kay Family on June 9, 2009 at 12:05 PM said...

It's hard to be flexible sometimes, but this just proves that it pays off!! Good job!! I'm glad you were still able to get some laundry done, too.

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez