Tuesday, February 2, 2010

FHE: Joseph Sold Into Egypt


Scripture of the Week:
“And they drew and lifted up Joseph out of the pit, and sold Joseph to the Ishmeelites for twenty pieces of silver: and they brought Joseph into Egypt.” Genesis 37:28

“How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?” Genesis 39:9

This week we changed things up a bit so the Ant Bug was in charge of the lesson. I asked her if she would teach us a story from the scriptures, and because she loves listening to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, her first choice was to tell the story of Joseph who was sold into Egypt.

We found a very helpful index of Primary and Friend clipart and printed off this lesson about Joseph. The Ant Bug colored the figures and attached them to popsicle sticks. This evening as she read the story she and the Sweet Bee took turns holding up the people. She drew her own Jacob, because she felt he was an important person in the story that should be included. We also used the applicable pictures from the Gospel Art Picture Kit.
This was a great way to involve the children more in FHE, so I'm sure we'll be doing more lessons like this in the future!

1 comments on "FHE: Joseph Sold Into Egypt"

Lacy on February 15, 2010 at 7:57 PM said...

I loved this FHE- and our kids did, too! Eventually I hope to have my own great ideas for FHE but until then I am so grateful for yours that I can copy! Thanks Kristi!

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez