Saturday, October 18, 2008

Organize myself and establish my house


I just got home from a wonderful stake conference. The focus of the meeting was on strengthening families, and I was touched by many of the messages shared. I'll be sharing some of the things I learned in future posts. But the part that stood out to me the most, the lesson that I feel the Spirit most wanted me to learn today, came in the form of a scripture:

"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;"

Doctrine and Covenants 88:119

3 comments on "Organize myself and establish my house"

Jared on October 18, 2008 at 11:25 PM said...

I'm glad you got to attend that session of stake conference. I've always liked that scripture - it is the theme of my gospel blog. :)

Tiffany on October 19, 2008 at 11:06 AM said...

I love that scripture as well! It really says so much in so few words--a lot to ponder!

It will be great to hear your thoughts from conference.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez