Friday, September 11, 2009

Fun with Felt


In my web research (doesn't that sound more official than blog reading?!) I've seen some fun ideas for using felt. One day I decided to try making felt pizza, using this pattern I saw at Serving Pink Lemonade.


All you need are scissors and felt. I drew some circle templates in a publishing program on my computer, printed them off and started cutting. This project only took me about 30 minutes of prep time (done while watching an episode of LOST).

The Ant Bug really enjoys this. Our pizza included crust, sauce, cheese, ham, pineapple, green peppers and black olives. The first day she played with it for over an hour, making every family member their own personal pizza.

I just noticed that there is also a great pattern for a felt sandwich at Serving Pink Lemonade, so I'll be cutting that out next!

While we're on the topic of food, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is a great book to read along with this activity. There is also a movie inspired by the book which hits theaters next week.

Another day the Ant Bug and I pulled out the felt again and got creative. We cut out various shapes and started making creatures. Here are just a few of our creations, complete with googly eyes.



What can you and your child make with felt?

2 comments on "Fun with Felt"

Allison on September 12, 2009 at 10:11 AM said...

What a cute idea!

Tiffany on September 13, 2009 at 10:57 PM said...

Love the pizza! What great ideas!

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez