Friday, September 18, 2009

You're Invited: Join me for a weekly nature walk


After reading this book, I've been thinking of ways that my children and I can get more nature time outside. I've decided to start a weekly nature walk/park visit and I'm inviting you to join me! Unfortunately, you probably have to live in Florida to participate, but if you don't maybe you can start a group in your area?!

Here are the details:

When: Friday mornings, starting at 10 a.m.
Where: Various nature parks located in and around Gainesville, Florida
Who is invited: Moms and kids who want to have fun outdoors. I imagine the age range for kids will be from 0-5, since most older children will be in school.
What to bring: Water, bug spray. Maybe snacks or a picnic lunch? You might also like to bring a camera or a journal for your children to record their discoveries.
I'm not planning on strenuous hiking here, and the pace will likely be slow to allow for the participation of little legs. The point is to enjoy some time in the sunshine, exploring our world. Many of the parks also have a playground, so we will likely spend some time there as well.

Here are the details for our first adventure:

When: Friday, September 25, 2009 at 10 a.m.
Where: Alfred A. Ring Park, 1801 NW 23rd Boulevard (Parking at Elks Lodge).
Driving Directions: From NW 13th Street, turn left on NW 23rd Ave. Park at the Elks Lodge, which will be on the left.
Things to note: Park includes bathrooms, picnic tables, small playground. Walking trail is mostly dirt, so strollers are not advised.

So strap the baby on your back and load up the kids. Hopefully I'll see you there! Everyone is welcome, so invite your friends! (Let me know if you plan to attend so I can keep an eye out for you.)

3 comments on "You're Invited: Join me for a weekly nature walk"

Our Loved-up Family on September 18, 2009 at 8:38 PM said...

Oh, I'm so sad you don't live in Utah:(. Great idea!

Becky on September 21, 2009 at 11:30 AM said...

What a good idea! I wish we could come.

The Kay Family on September 23, 2009 at 10:50 AM said...

We plan on being there!!

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez