Thursday, October 15, 2009

Inspiration for Family Home Evening Lessons


"Well-planned family home evenings can be a source of long-lasting joy and influence. These evenings are times for group activity, for organizing, for the expressions of love, for the bearing of testimony, for learning gospel principles, for family fun and recreation, and of all things, for family unity and solidarity" (source).

When I am planning our weekly Family Home Evening Lessons, these are the resources I often turn to for ideas:

The Home and Family section of www.lds.org. They have lots of ideas, including lesson topics, activities, and resources.

The Outline for Sharing Time and the Children's Sacrament Meeting Presentation
(available online here)

The Friend magazine
(available online here)

Primary Lesson Manuals (age-appropriate for my children)
(available online here)

General Conference Addresses
(check out this article: Adapting Conference Talks into Family Home Evening for Children)

Gospel Art Picture Kit
(Available online here)

Sugardoodle
(always a lot of ideas here, check out the Family Home Evening Index)

Mormon Messages
(available on YouTube here)

Each week I post our Family Home Evening lessons on my other blog, Nurture Mama's Reading List. (They are all grouped under the Scripture of the Week label). Feel free to adapt any of my ideas to fit your family. Here are just a few of my favorites to get you started:
I Will Say I'm Sorry
Family Proclamation
Sabbath Day

2 comments on "Inspiration for Family Home Evening Lessons"

Jared on October 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM said...

Wonderful ideas and resources! Keep up the great work.

Michelle Knight on October 18, 2009 at 12:29 PM said...

These are great resources! I have recently started using the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet too (of course, making things age appropriate). I love reading the things you put on this blog. Thanks!

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez