Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nurture Mama's Recipes


I've been working on a project to organize my recipes. I had an assortment of recipes stored in a few different places, but I wanted to find a way to get everything organized and simplify my menu planning. I was inspired by the 30 Meal Plan posted on nannygoat, but I haven't completely followed it to the letter.

In a nutshell this is what I did:
1. Sort through my recipes and re-type only the recipes that I really like and use on a regular basis.
2. Make the recipes look cute by copying and pasting to this free recipe card template.
3. Print the recipes, cut them out, laminate.
4. Punch a hole in the corner of each recipe and store them on a binder ring clip.

I keep the recipe ring in a binder where I also store my menu record, coupons, and nutrition information. When it comes time for me to plan my weekly menu I just flip through the cards and pull out the recipes I need for the week. The recipes I select for the week are stored in a magnetic clip on my fridge where they are quick and easy to grab when it's time prepare dinner.

Listed below are the 30 recipes I compiled. These are the recipes I really love and use most frequently, so I thought I would share some of them with you. I have included links to some of the recipes where possible. If you would like a text copy of my recipes, leave me your email address and I will be happy to share them with you.

Nurture Mama's Main Dish Recipes
Barbecue Chicken
BBQ Cupcakes
Café Rio Sweet Pork
Colorful Baked Ziti
Cheeseburger Pasta
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
Chicken Stuffing in a Pot
Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken Fajitas

Chicken Tetrazzini
8 oz. spaghetti noodles
2 cooked and chopped chicken breasts
1/2 cup shredded zucchini 1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped onion 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
3 Tb. butter 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 Tb. minced garlic salt and pepper to taste

While the noodles are boiling, melt butter on a low heat in a frying pan. Add garlic, onion, zucchini and carrots. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Add soup, sour cream, milk, cheese and chicken. Stir over low heat, until noodles are done boiling. Drain noodles and add to the mixture. Toss well and serve immediately.

Classic Noodles and Sauce

Corn Dog Casserole (My kids love this one)
28 oz. can baked beans
1 pkg (or whatever you have) hot dogs
1 pkg corn bread mix (8 oz.) or corn bread from scratch

Pour can of beans into 9 x 13 casserole dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Mix in sliced hotdogs (thinner means more slices and more disbursement throughout). Make corn bread according to directions and pour over the top of beans and hotdogs mixture. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.

Corkscrew Chicken Caesar Salad
Cranberry Chicken
Hawaiian Haystacks

Hula Stir-Fry
1lb chicken, cooked
1-16oz package frozen stir-fry vegetables
1-20oz. can pineapple chunks
2-3oz. packages dried ramen noodles
2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
½ cup water

Sauté vegetables in covered skillet for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but still slightly crunchy. While veggies are cooking, open the noodles and break each block into small pieces in a bowl. Discard the seasoning packets. Add the pineapple, noodles, sauce, and water to the vegetables and chicken in the skillet. Stir and bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium-low. Cover and cook about three minutes or until noodles are tender.

Italian Chicken and Potatoes
Italian Chicken Bowties
Lazy Lasagna in a Crockpot
Macaroni and Cheese (from scratch)
Marinated Baked Pork Chops
Oven Fritatta
Pizza Dough
Pigs in a Blanket
Pizza Sauce(s)

Poppyseed Chicken Pasta Salad
1-2 chicken breasts (depending how much chicken you like)
1 Ranch dressing seasoning packet
1 cup uncooked pasta (preferably tri-color rotini, but macaroni works also)
1 can mandarin oranges OR fresh sliced strawberries, in season
Lettuce Shredded parmesan cheese
Creamy Poppyseed Dressing

Cook chicken. Add Ranch seasoning packet and enough water so the seasoning coats the chicken (usually about 1-2 TB of water). Set aside to cool.
Cook pasta and rinse with cool water.
Mix remaining ingredients. Amounts vary, depending how you like it.
Serves 2-3 people as a main dish.

Pork Chow Mein
Sloppy Joe’s
Spanish Rice and Beans
Tacos

1 comments on "Nurture Mama's Recipes"

Eliza on August 8, 2009 at 6:55 PM said...

Some of those recipes I've tried and like. Others look interesting. Thanks for the ideas!

 

Nurture Mama Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez